Tonight, I will make Sweet Potato and Bacon Crab Cakes. I’ve spent weeks now planning what to do with the can of crab goodness Ronda sent me. We eat a lot of crab around here, but I never cook with crab because we eat it as we pick it. So, this was my chance, and I wanted to make it count.
My sweet potato and bacon crabs recipe was inspired by two others. First, I love the Sweet Potato Biscuits from PaleOMG. I’ve made them several times, and they’re a favorite around here. Enjoy making these sweet potato and bacon crab cakes at home.
Filling Sweet Potato and Bacon Crab Cakes Recipe
These sweet potato and bacon crab cakes are so filling. These are the perfect breakfast and main course meals for health-conscious like me.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small sweet potato - roasted
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Dice bacon and brown in an iron skillet. Remove pieces and drain on a paper towel. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet, which you will use to cook your cakes.
- Mix egg, coconut flour, coconut milk, seasoning, and sweet potato until well blended. Fold in bacon pieces and crab.
- Using your hands, form patties. Fry in bacon grease in a skillet until done, turning once.
Calories: 129kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 11gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 407mgPotassium: 230mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4888IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!