Allow me to introduce you to my new favourite meal for that moment when you’re like, “I just got home from a tough workout, and I need dinner STAT, and it’s gotta be a real meal and not cereal again”: Potsticker Soup.
I found this potsticker soup recipe online. The original recipe was for wonton soup using frozen pre-made wontons, but I happened to have a bag of potstickers on hand. I say that like it was random, but it certainly wasn’t. You can make your potstickers if you want them authentic.
Filling Potsticker Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- ¼ cup soy sauce - reduced-sodium
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Assemble the potsticker by combining the meat and seasoning ingredients and wrapping in wrappers.
- In a large pot, bring broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger to a boil.
- Add potstickers, mushrooms, and spinach. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Top with hoisin sauce.