This recipe for shrimp and ground pork stuffed bell peppers, courtesy of my mom, is one of my favourite recipes of all time. The ground pork/green onion will hopefully satisfy your craving for Asian food, and the best part is that this recipe is super scalable and freezable!
I like always to have a bag of this stuff sitting in the freezer for almost-ready-made meals. And there are multiple delicious ways to cook it! So without further ado, I present to you Asian-style stuffed bell peppers.
Scrumptious Shrimp and Ground Pork Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - washed
- 1 ½ pounds ground pork (minced pork) - defrosted
- ½ pound shrimp (prawn) - peeled/defrosted
- 4 stalks green onions (scallions or green shallots) - washed/chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded for toppings
- Chop bell peppers along wrinkles to make “boats”.
- Chop shrimp. Mix everything but the bell peppers together to make stuffing.
- Spoon stuffing onto bell pepper boats.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Shove bell peppers onto an oven pan.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes and finish that stats set. Take out, and enjoy all that delicious fatty goodness, lovingly preserved within your bell pepper boats.