Essential ingredients for this quick classic pork taco recipe are ground pork, tomato sauce, chopped tomato, garlic, onion, sugar, soy sauce, lettuce and grated cheese. Taco shells are a must; from there, you could experiment to get your desired flavour.
Nothing beats a tasty taco recipe such as this quick classic pork taco. Everyone is guaranteed to have a good time with this yummy and easy comfort food. I mean, who doesn’t like tacos? They’re like overloaded nachos but better! It’s an easy finger food that you can also whip up in minutes. Here’s the recipe I’m always excited to prepare.
Quick Classic Pork Taco Recipe
A classic pork taco is a must every weekend. That's a rule at home. Today, I'll share one of my go-to easy taco recipes that you can also make at home.
- 250 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large yellow onion
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 medium tomato
- 1 dozen taco shells
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - grated
- Saute garlic and onion. Add ground pork and continue cooking until the meat crumble and no pinkish meat can be seen.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and tomato sauce. You can also add chopped fresh tomatoes to give it more texture. Stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stuff taco shells with sauteed ground pork, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle top of filling with grated cheese.
Calories: 302kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 14gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 523mgPotassium: 616mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1333IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!