You can make a wonton salad for an appetizer. It’s refreshing and light! I love using minced pork for it as I prefer this meat above else. Here’s the simple recipe you can try at home if you love experimenting and trying out new recipes.
Pork and Crispy Wonton SaladPrint Recipe
- Wonton Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 pound of minced pork
- 2 cups of mixed leaves salad
- 2 Roma tomato, diced or any crunchy tomato
- 1/4 red onion, thinly diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 slices(sheets) of yellow wonton wrapper for dumplings
- 1/4 cup of rice bran oil to fry
- Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Wonton Salad Instructions
- In the mixing bowl, add all ingredients together except the liquid and wonton wrapper and cover the salad bowl with the cling film and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour or until serving.
- On medium heat, add the rice bran oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the wonton sheets, 1 to 2 sheets at a time. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crispy, drain and cool on the towel papers.
- Once it is totally cool, keep it in an airtight container until serve.
Salad Dressing Instructions
- Before serving, whip up the salad dressing by mixing the olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper in the jar, shake and mix well until combined. Then add the salad dressing to the cool salad and mix it gently.
How to serve
- Lay one crispy wonton at the bottom of the plate, add a spoonful of the meat salad on the top.