Kofta Curry is an Indian dish you must try if you love Indian food as much as I can. It’s so flavourful, and nothing compares to its goodness. I learned this recipe a while ago, and ever since, I’ve cooked it several times in a month!
Kofta CurryPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of uncooked lean ground lamb
- ½ cup of green hot chilli peppers, chopped finely
- ¼ teaspoon of ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 large uncooked onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground red pepper
- ½ cup of cilantro
- 1½ tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- Fry a third of the sliced onions in oil. Mix with ground lamb, green chills, allspice, cinnamon, and ½ tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste. Form into 1-inch balls. Set aside.
- Grind the remaining onions. Mix ground coriander and 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste with the onions. Add turmeric and red pepper to the mixture.
- Heat oil. Add the above mixture to the oil. Then, mix in tomato paste. Saute the masala until the oil separates.
- Add meatballs to the masala mixture. Be careful with the meatballs so they don’t fall apart.
- Carefully move them around with a ladle for about 5 minutes until the meat changes colour. Pour in the water, salt, and cilantro. Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.