Kofta Curry is an Indian dish you must try if you love Indian food as much as I can. It’s so flavourful, and nothing compares to its goodness. I learned this recipe a while ago, and ever since, I’ve cooked it several times in a month!
Savoury Kofta Curry
Kofta curry is an Indian dish made of ground lamb. It's so good, I find myself making it multiple times a month. Here's the recipe you can try at home.
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb) - lean, uncooked
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice (also called pimento or Jamaican Pepper)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large yellow onion - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ cup cilantro
- Fry a third of the sliced onions in oil. Mix with ground lamb, green chills, allspice, cinnamon, and ½ tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste. Form into 1-inch balls. Set aside.
- Grind the remaining onions. Mix ground coriander and 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste with the onions. Add turmeric and red pepper to the mixture.
- Heat oil. Add the above mixture to the oil. Then, mix in tomato paste. Saute the masala until the oil separates.
- Add meatballs to the masala mixture. Be careful with the meatballs so they don’t fall apart.
- Carefully move them around with a ladle for about 5 minutes until the meat changes colour. Pour in the water, salt, and cilantro. Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Calories: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 13gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 498mgPotassium: 262mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 409IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.