These Sticky-Sweet Orange Meatballs are made with lean pork and glazed in tangy orange marmalade that’s both sweet and sour. If you’re entertaining a crowd, double the recipe, and serve them with cute frilly toothpicks. Pretty presentation aside, it’s a convenient way to eat them while cheering on your favourite sports team.
Sticky-Sweet Orange MeatballsPrint Recipe
- Meatball Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder
- Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of orange marmalade
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together bread crumbs, egg, soy sauce, milk, garlic salt, and Chinese five-spice powder in a bowl.
- Once well mixed, add ground pork. Combine using your hands. Do not over-mix.
- Make walnut-sized meatballs. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place all the glaze items in a sauté pan, and cook for two minutes on medium heat.
- Add meatballs and roll them around in the glaze on medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the glaze becomes sticky and syrupy.
- Once cooled, the glaze hardens a bit on the meatballs.