Heavenly Jiaozi (Chinese Dumplings)
This recipe for jiaozi is an authentic Chinese dumpling dish you should try if you like Chinese cuisine.
- 3 cups all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 stalk spring onions - minced
- 1 ½ cups bok choy - shredded fine
- 4 tablespoons bamboo shoots - shredded
- 2 teaspoons ginger - grated
- 1 clove garlic - minced finely
- Place the flour in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Take a cup of cold water and slowly stir it into the flour until a smooth dough is formed. Add a little more water if necessary. Knead the dough, shape it into a ball, and then set aside covered for ½ hour.
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and add the soy sauce and wine. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together gently to incorporate.
- Knead the dough and divide it into about 60 smaller balls. Roll each ball out to form a diameter circle of about 6 to 7 centimetres.
- Put a small portion of the meat filling in the centre of each roll of dough/wrapper. Wet the edges with water, fold the dough into a semi-circle shape, and pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat until all the dough and filling is used up.
- Place a large pan with water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add half of the dumplings stirring gently so that the dumplings don’t stick together. Bring the water back to a boil and add ½ cup of cold water. Cover and allow the water to come to a boil again. Remove cover, add ½ cup cold water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the dumplings from the water and drain. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
Calories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 7gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 297mgPotassium: 123mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 402IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.