I recently craved pork and prawn dumplings, so I did my best to search for the best Asian recipe I could easily make at home. Fortunately, I was able to perfect this easy Juicy Little Morsels recipe I love. It’s so easy to make and you’ll enjoy the whole process.
Juicy Little MorselsPrint Recipe
- Gyoza Wrapper Ingredients
- Gyoza wrapper (thick or thin versions – I prefer thin)
- Bowl of water to seal gyoza wrappers
- Filling Ingredients
- 400 grams of pork mince
- 300 grams of prawns, shelled and diced finely
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped finely
- Seasoning Ingredients
- Sesame oil
- White pepper
- Po Po soy sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- Mix the filling and seasoning in a bowl.
- Ensure the gyoza wrappers are thoroughly thawed before use but remain cold (hard to handle if it reaches room temperature).
- Place the mixed filling in the centre and start sealing the wrappers, wetting the ends with some water if required to seal (there are a lot of youtube videos on how to do this).
- Place each on baking paper without overlapping and put it into the freezer.
- Once partially frozen, you can pack them in freezer bags (I portioned them to 5 per bag, sufficient for each meal).
- To consume, bring water to a vigorous boil and drop in the dumplings whilst stirring. The dumplings should be ready when they float but double-check before eating.