This recipe is for my recent favourite, hearty and tasty meatballs with cocoa, tapenade, cilantro and goat cheese. You will surprise your guests or family with this different version of meatballs. They are a quick fix, and you can experiment with what to add to the meat for variation. I served them with a coarse grainy bread and quickly made apple sauce for a light dinner.
Glazed Meatballs With CocoaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Tapenade
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of unsweetened, natural cocoa
- A small handful of chopped cilantro, mostly leaves
- 2 tablespoons of creamy goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for frying
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Alternately, you can place ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for a couple of minutes until well incorporated.
- Place coconut oil in a large Teflon coated pan on the stove on medium heat and bring oil to the melting point. Scoop the meat into a rounded tablespoon, using your hand like a bowl and place on the hot pan. Cook meatballs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place meat on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Serve with apple sauce and coarse bread-like “dense and delicious bread with cacao nibs.”