This Cheesy Embutido Recipe is a traditional Filipino dish you should try. It’s like a mini meatloaf rolled into a smaller version, plus it has a filling you’ll love! Check out the easy recipe you should try.
Cheesy Embutido RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 kilo of ground pork foreshank
- 6 medium-sized eggs
- 1 260-gram bottle of pickle relish
- 1 180-gram pack of raisins, roughly minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, roughly minced
- 1 whole brick of Quickmelt cheese
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- 400 grams of green peas
- 5 medium-sized red onions, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground pepper
- Hotdogs (optional)
- Except for the hotdogs and the hard-boiled eggs, mix all ingredients together in a deep bowl.
- Get a round aluminium tray (available in all supermarkets), sprinkle the base with flour or paint it with oil. This is just to prevent the meat from sticking on the base of the tray when cooked. Wait; make sure that the tray you will use will fit inside your steamer.
- Fill ½ of the tray with the mixture. Arrange the eggs and hotdogs on top of it, and then blanket the eggs with the pork mixture up to close to the brim.
- Close the tray with aluminium foil or cheesecloth. I do this to prevent the surface from getting watery during cooking.
- Set it inside the steam cooker and steam for an hour for good measure. Depending on the thickness of the mixture, the thicker it is prepared, the longer is the steaming time needed to cook it.
- Remove from the steamer; allow cooling down a little, then serve.