Sliders have become very popular at restaurants as appetizers and even main dishes. However, this recipe for Turkey Sliders is a healthier version of the restaurant variety. The ingredients added to the ground turkey keep the burgers moist. And there is no limit to the combination of yummy toppings. This recipe makes 6 to 8 sliders, depending on the size of the patties.
Turkey SlidersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 cup of oatmeal flakes
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 8 mini sweet rolls
- 8 tablespoons of butter, divided
- Grape or strawberry jelly
- Sliced cheese
- Tomato slices
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl, mushing well with hands.
- Form turkey mixture into small patties, flattening slightly with hands.
- Place patties, 3 to 4 at a time, in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and flip patties until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, split buns in half, spreading 1 tablespoon of butter on the inside of each bun top and 1 tablespoon of jelly on the inside of the bottom.
- Place buns, inside up, on a large baking sheet.
- Broil buns for 5 minutes.
- Place cooked patties on heated buns, adding cheese and other desired toppings.