Are you looking for a fast, easy Italian meal that feeds a crowd? Well, look no further than this Spicy Rotini Bake. It’s simple to prepare and easily feeds up to 8 people.
Spicy Rotini Bake
If you like spicy pastas, this spicy rotini bake is a must-try. This is a very scrumptious recipe you'll enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 tablespoons garlic - chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 28 ounces tomatoes - diced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese - shredded
- ¼ cup pepperoni - chopped
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet. Add garlic and continue to brown for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the grape jelly, salt, pepper, powdered garlic and red pepper flakes to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Pour the tomatoes over the meat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cook the sauce for 30 minutes.
- Prepare rotini pasta as directed on the packaging.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni over the pasta, then pour on the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Calories: 469kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 29gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 996mgPotassium: 892mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1252IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 292mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!