This chipotle pork meatball soup is a delicious combination of meatballs and rice cooked in chipotle spice and fried ginger flakes. Here I have used ground chipotle, but if you like it spicier, you can also add chipotle peppers. As the name describes, here, the meatballs are baked rather than cooked in a pan, which will make the meatballs crispy and low fat.
Baked Chipotle Pork Meatball Soup
Meatballs are a classic dish that everyone loves. Discover how I spices it up with this easy Baked Chipotle Pork Meatball Soup recipe you can make.
- ¼ pound ground pork (minced pork) - tenderloin
- ½ teaspoon garlic - paste
- 2 tablespoons mint - freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger - peeled and thinly sliced in flakes
- ¼ cup white rice - boiled (already cooked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano - dried
- 1 stalk rosemary
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds - white
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander) - Freshly chopped for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and when the mixture is smooth. Make small bite-sized balls.1/4 pound ground pork (minced pork), 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 2 tablespoons mint, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 pinch salt, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds, 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- Spray little oil on an ovenproof dish, then place all of the meatballs in the dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.1 tablespoon olive oil
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a saucepan and add onion, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Then, add ginger flakes, cumin and oregano and again sauté for few more seconds or until the ginger is roasted and aromatic.1/2 red onion, 1 inch ginger, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Add tomato puree, cover the lid and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the oil is released at the edges of the pan.1/2 cup tomato paste
- Add the baked meatballs, boiled rice, chicken stock, black pepper, rosemary stalk, vinegar and soy sauce to the tomato mixture and cook for further 10 minutes at high heat or until the soup is reduced and slightly thick.1/4 cup white rice, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch ground black pepper, 1 stalk rosemary, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 3 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- Remove from heat and top with chopped cilantro before serving.1 bunch cilantro (coriander)
Calories: 375.5kcalCarbohydrates: 35.4gProtein: 18gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9.2gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 601.4mgPotassium: 728.1mgFiber: 3.1gSugar: 8.4gVitamin A: 857.6IUVitamin C: 9.3mgCalcium: 87.6mgIron: 3.5mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.