I decided to go through my healthy recipes on Pinterest and try some. I came across what claims to be a healthy chicken taco salad. If you know me at all, you would know that I could eat taco salad every day of my life and be happy. It’s one of my favourite dishes! So, I decided I would try this and see if it was any good.
And let me tell you. It is so good. Can you see me drooling over here? You must take my word for it. Maybe it’s because I just finished my last bite and ran to the computer so I could tell you all about it. And perhaps because I still have some remnants in my teeth. Remind me to brush them after I finish this, okay? Check out the recipe you can try at home.
Healthy Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce - chopped and shredded
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes - diced
- 4 sprigs green onions - sliced
- ½ cup cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 1 can black beans - rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 2 medium avocados - diced
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - with the taco seasoning added
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup tortilla chips - black bean, crushed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Cook chicken, add 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and a little splash of water and let simmer.
- Combine all salad ingredients, except tortilla chips and avocados.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Serve by layering crushed black bean tortilla chips, salad mixture, chicken, avocados and dressing.