In this recipe, you have the option to use the chicken for lettuce wraps and tacos. This chicken recipe is so easy to prepare and is so perfect to have when you can’t decide if you’ll have lettuce wraps or tacos. Learn the easy Mexican recipe here.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Tacos Recipe
- 1 kilogram ground chicken (minced chicken) - skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice seasoning (black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ medium yellow onion - sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum)
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - (mixed kinds)
- 2 cans black beans
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put chicken in the baking dish.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl with a fork
- Using a spoon or hands, season both sides of chicken thighs
- Add about half a cup of water to the pan and spread onions and bell peppers on top of chicken thighs
- Place chicken in the oven for about 45 minutes, be sure to turn once halfway in between cooking time
- Open Chili black beans and place in a small pot and cook for about 15 minutes, adding a dash of garlic salt if desired and turning off the heat.
- Remove chicken from oven, and place 2 to 3 tbsp. of canola oil in a saucepan and turn heat to medium-high
- Remove chicken from baking dish and place in a saucepan with heated canola oil, brown for about 5 to 7 minutes each side, being careful not to burn the chicken.
- Remove from heat and slice chicken
- Rinse and dry your romaine hearts with a paper towel, place a spoonful of beans, then a few slices of chicken and a small handful of cheese. Add pico, guacamole, and sour cream. Place Spanish rice on the side and dig in!