This Cabbage Roll With Yogurt Dip is a tasty and healthy recipe for the likes of me who want to eat good food but need to keep an eye on the calorie intake at the same time.
Healthy Cabbage Roll With Yogurt Dip
If you're in need of a healthy dish to devour, this healthy cabbage roll with yogurt dip is a must-try. Check out the easy recipe here.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 cup ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 tablespoon garlic - coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup rice - boiled
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 large green chilis (green chilli in British English) - chopped
- 1 handful cilantro (coriander)
- ¾ tablespoon mint
- Put a large saucepan filled with water on the cooker. Bring water to a boil and add a little salt. Put the cabbage leaves into the water. Cover saucepan for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the leaves quickly from hot water on a colander and put them under a cold water stream. Pat dry the leaves.
- Put an oak on the cooker. Pour olive oil and let it heat (medium heat) for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle chopped garlic and add the chicken when the garlic starts to turn translucent, and you can smell the heavenly combination of olive oil and garlic. Add salt, lemon juice and ground pepper. Cook until meat is light brown (for about 7 to 9 minutes). Pour tomato sauce, soya sauce and half of the chopped green chilli. Remove from heat and mix in cooked rice.
- Spread the cabbage leaves one by one. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling inside. Wrap up like a regular roll. Set aside. Before eating, you may warm them up in an oven or a rice cooker.
- Pour in yogurt; add salt, mint leaves, coriander leaves and the rest of the chopped chilli. Pulse the blender until they are well blended, and voila!
Calories: 404kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 27gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 513mgPotassium: 935mgFiber: 8gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 369IUVitamin C: 90mgCalcium: 229mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!