I accidentally came about this recipe for chorizo and chicken quesadilla. I was initially going to make a pizza quesadilla, but I could not find the pepperoni in the grocery store. Maybe I wasn’t looking hard enough?
I stumbled upon diced chorizo in my search, and my wheels started spinning. I had never had chorizo before, so I was not even sure what it was, but it looked as though it would be good, and to me, it had a pizza look.
I also found Reese Artichoke Dip that I thought would work great in the recipes in which I use artichoke hearts. I usually cut away the stiff leaves attached to a lot of the quartered hearts, and this dip looked like it took care of that for me. I am beginning to think that anything put with melted cheese between the folds of a hot crispy tortilla would be delicious! I am sure that you’ll love this chorizo and chicken quesadilla just as I do.
Chorizo and Chicken QuesadillaPrint Recipe
- 2 cups of cooked minced chicken
- 6 ounces of diced chorizo
- 6 ounces of chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 4 tablespoons of Reese Artichoke Dip
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 4 medium-sized tortillas
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- On 1/2 of a tortilla, sprinkle a layer of the cheese followed by a layer of the chorizo and chicken mixture.
- Top that layer with another layer of cheese and fold the empty half of the tortilla over on top of the half layered with the ingredients.
- Place folded quesadilla on a hot skillet. I use a flat non-stick pancake skillet on medium heat. The non-stick skillet eliminates the use of cooking spray or butter. Once crispy, flip to the other side.