This recipe for Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Quesadilla is a new way to enjoy your favourite Mexican snack. This is a healthier option than the regular beef or pork quesadillas you get regularly, so you won’t feel guilty over devouring them.
Turkey, Cranberry and Brie QuesadillaPrint Recipe
- Chive Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup of low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup of thinly sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- Quesadilla Ingredients
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 cups Brie, rind removed
- 8 low-fat 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Purée topping ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Sauté cutlets in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes per side or until the turkey is no longer raw and reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Cool and shred turkey by hand.
- To make quesadilla: Spread ½ cup of Brie over tortilla. Layer ½ cup of turkey, ¼ cup of cranberries, 2 tablespoons walnuts and 2 tablespoons of chives. Top with the second tortilla. Repeat three times.
- Bake quesadillas on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with chive topping.