If you are trying to eat healthily, lose weight or get more veggies in your diet, stir fry is your best friend. You’re going to love this recipe of Green Bean and Ground Chicken Stir Fry that I will share with you.
Give your wok a name, stock the side of your fridge with condiments, and get out that chopping board! We try to eat at least one stir fry meal a week, and the possibilities are endless. You can clean out your fridge and make a delicious and healthy meal. However, here are some stir fry staples to keep on hand:
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Chili paste
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Ginger (I like these: Ginger | Gourmet Garden.)
- Fish Sauce
I love fresh green beans and was so sad last year when my garden produced three. I’m not even kidding. So I have been so excited with my abundant crop this year that I’ve dubbed my green bean plants “the plants that keep on giving”. I seem to have a never-ending supply of one of my favourite veggies, and I’ve been picking them with glee.
Healthy Green Bean and Ground Chicken Stir Fry
This recipe of Green Bean and Ground Chicken Stir Fry highlights green beans but can be easily subbed with your favourite vegetable. Maybe it’s broccoli or pea pods, or perhaps you have a bag of mixed veggies in your freezer. Throw ’em all in there with this delicious sauce and some meat, and you’ve got yourself a very figure-friendly meal (just watch your sodium content).
The original recipe is here, and we’ve only changed a couple of things based on our personal taste preferences: Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Turkey Recipe – The Lemon Bowl.
Green Bean and Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - or turkey
- 3 cloves garlic - grated
- 2 tablespoons ginger - grated (or 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Ginger)
- 1-2 pounds green beans - trimmed
- ½ cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce - low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat a large wok (a deep pan will also do) over high heat. Spray the wok with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the ground turkey, ginger and garlic.
- Break down the turkey using a potato masher or wooden spoon, and cook until browned.
- Mix the soy, chicken broth, corn starch, hoisin, rice vinegar, and chili garlic paste in a separate bowl. Set the mixture aside.
- Once the turkey has browned and you start seeing bits and pieces sticking to the pan, add the green beans and the broth mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add the water chestnuts and sesame oil, cook for an additional minute or two, then serve.