I had a massive craving for some pasta but wanted to do something different than the usual basic spaghetti with meat sauce, so I decided to make a large batch of this Super Cheesy Sausage Ziti instead. It was so good that I plan to make
Super Cheesy Sausage ZitiPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ziti pasta
- 1/2 pound of ground chuck beef
- 1/2 pound of ground sausage
- 32 ounces of Marinara sauce
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 pound of shredded Mozzarella
- 1 8-ounce bag of shredded Italian cheese mix
- 1 5-ounce container of BelGioioso salad cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook ziti pasta to where it is almost fully cooked, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking, put in a bowl, then set aside. (don’t forget to salt the water!)
- Brown ground chuck beef and sausage.
- Once the meat is brown, add in marinara sauce, minced garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, wine, chicken broth, cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Take the bowl of pasta and add a few scoops of the sauce (this helps make it easier to use).
- Put the pasta/sauce mixture in the pan as the first layer, and add more of the meat sauce mixture and a layer of cheeses. Then, repeat the second layer of pasta and meat sauce but cook for about 10 minutes without the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with a good layer of the cheeses, and bake another 10 to 30 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- Then proceed to eat the deliciousness before you! Enjoy!