I had a massive craving for some pasta but wanted to do something different than the usual basic spaghetti with meat sauce, so I decided to make a large batch of this Super Cheesy Sausage Ziti instead. It was so good that I plan to make this regularly.
This dish tastes so great and I know you can nail the recipe at the first attempt. So try this now and see for yourself how good this is!
Super Cheesy Sausage Ziti
This super cheesy sausage ziti is a must-try pasta dish. This is so simple and I know you'll love it.
- ½ pound ground beef (minced beef) - chuck beef
- ½ pound sausages - beef sausage
- 32 ounces Marinara sauce (tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions – pasta sauce in southern hemisphere for Italian seafood dish)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese - salad blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook ziti pasta to where it is almost fully cooked, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking, put in a bowl, then set aside. (don’t forget to salt the water!)
- Brown ground chuck beef and sausage.
- Once the meat is brown, add in marinara sauce, minced garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, wine, chicken broth, cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Take the bowl of pasta and add a few scoops of the sauce (this helps make it easier to use).
- Put the pasta/sauce mixture in the pan as the first layer, and add more of the meat sauce mixture and a layer of cheeses. Then, repeat the second layer of pasta and meat sauce but cook for about 10 minutes without the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with a good layer of the cheeses, and bake another 10 to 30 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- Then proceed to eat the deliciousness before you! Enjoy!
Calories: 1352kcalCarbohydrates: 109gProtein: 79gFat: 65gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 2580mgPotassium: 1614mgFiber: 8gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 2105IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 795mgIron: 7mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!