Spicy pepperoni bolognese is a variation of my recipe for regular bolognese. It’s effortless to make; it’s ready in less than half an hour and isn’t too far from the original recipe.
Depending on your personal preference, it can also be adapted to be made hotter or milder.
The Best Spicy Pepperoni Bolognese
This spicy pepperoni Bolognese is a must-try of you like saucy Bolognese. This is so easy to make and your kids will surely love it!
- 200 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 100 grams pepperoni
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili (red chilli in British English) - fire-roasted
- 1 large red onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - grated
- 1 stick celery - diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cup mushrooms - diced
- 1 carton passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fry the beef and pepperoni until browned.
- Drain the meat’s natural fats, putting the meat to one side and the fat back into the pan.
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, chili, and garlic to the pan with the fat from the meat and cook until translucent.
- Put the meat back into the pan along with the tomato passata, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, and herbs.
- Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
Calories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 18gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 510mgPotassium: 699mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3078IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!