This baked bean hot dish recipe is one of my kid’s favorite recipes and mine, too, because it is so easy, and they are always excited when I make it. It’s simple but tasty. It was just known at our house as a “favorite hot dish.”
This is packed with flavours that your kids will find comforting. I love how rich and scrumptious this is. It’s very easy to make too, you just need a can of beans and some other readily available ingredients. This is baked bean hot dish is perfect when you want a simple meal to satisfy your children.
Savoury Baked Bean Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ medium onion chopped
- ½ medium green pepper chopped (optional)
- 28 ounces baked beans canned
- ½ cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet.
- Add the beans, catsup, mustard, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Serve!