It’s grilling time, and I try to have most of our meals with meat on the grill. It’s easy and keeps the heat of cooking indoors. Steak and chicken are also high on our list. I tried this delicious Mushroom Stuffed Burgers recipe last week, and it was a keeper!
One note on these Mushroom Stuffed Burgers – if you do grill them, you’re going to want to lay the foil down on the grates before you put the burgers down. We didn’t do that, and the bacon fat dripped in the grill, making flames, which made our burgers….let’s say Cajun style. My other idea would be to skip wrapping the bacon and just top the burgers with crispy fried bacon.
Easy Mushroom Stuffed Burgers
- ½ cup white onion - chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms - sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean ground beef/chuck
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- ¼ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8-12 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to broil or grill.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes in a large skillet.
- Combine ground beef with bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, flour, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Make 10 thin patties.
- Top half of the patties evenly with onion and mushrooms.
- Cover with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
- Wrap 2 bacon slices around each patty and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil 10 minutes per side or until no pink remains.