Who loves their nachos to be extra extra extra loaded? These sweet potato nachos have special meaning to me, as they were lugged back, along with another 10 pounds of groceries, with great care. Motherhood means sore backs and arms and carrying groceries back home. When you’re at the checkout, trying to fit everything in your bag and realizing you bought way too much, it’s always that moment. It never seems like that much in your basket.
They’re time-consuming to make if you don’t have a kitchen tool that will thinly slice the potatoes (i.e. mandolin slicer), but if you do, you’re good to go! I saw this recipe on a blog and couldn’t wait to try it and share it with my kids and friends.
These sweet potato nachos taste just like the real thing, only much, much better! Trust me, try it out!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos Recipe
- 4 large sweet potato - washed and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup ground beef (minced beef) - cooked
- 1 cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 1 large avocado - pit removed and diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes.
- Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes
- Once they’re crisp, sprinkle cheese, beef, and black beans over the sweet potatoes, and bake until the cheese is melted (5 to 7 minutes)
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with avocados, cilantro, green onions, and Greek yogurt.