Just when you think Nachos can’t get any cooler, the folks over at my local bar go ahead and add tequila to them. I mean, really? Why would they do that to me? Because it’s delicious, that’s why. And today, I’ll share the Delectable Superbowl Nachos With Tequila recipe with you.
Cooking with alcohol packs a serious punch. Think about your favourite vodka sauce or even those cakes with wine. When paired with the right ingredients, it really elevates the flavour.
And what are Nachos without the overloaded flavours, right? Have a look at the fantastic recipe below.
Delectable Superbowl Nachos With Tequila RecipePrint Recipe
- ½ cup of tequila
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups of chopped sweet onions, divided
- 1 ½ pound of ground beef
- 3 teaspoons of kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon of pepper, divided
- 1 12-ounce jar of roasted pasilla cooking sauce
- ¾ cup of low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped jalapeño
- ¾ cup of chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 ½ cups of shredded queso Blanco
- 1 ½ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 ounces of tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 cup of onions, beef, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add roasted pasilla cooking sauce and beef broth, stir and then cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer beef with all juices to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 cup of chopped onions, tequila, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cook for 4 minutes or until the tequila is reduced. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cheeses. Grease 9×13-inch or 12-inch round baking dish. Layer 1/3 tortilla chips, 1/3 shredded cheese mixture, 1/3 beef mixture with juices and 1/3 tequila mixture with juices. Repeat 2 more times, making a total of 3 layers.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining chopped cilantro.