During my visit to Donnafugata, Italy, I was invited to a dinner. So many dishes were served, among them are some lovely and delicious Sicilian meatballs. This is not Scandinavian meatballs, trust me! Those were way better with all those Mediterranean flavours.
Lip-Smacking Sicilian MeatballsPrint Recipe
- Meatball Ingredients
- 1 kilogram of ground beef
- 250 grams of ground not-fat pork
- 5 whole eggs
- ½ glass of milk
- 150 grams of grounded Grana or Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 big clove of garlic thinly chopped
- 100 to 150 grams of breadcrumbs
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 kilogram of about of Homemade sauce or if you don’t have a good and sweet tomato sauce
- 1 carrot
- A piece of celery
- Combine the meatball with a wet hand (they have to be round and about 1 to 2 centimetres in diameter). Pan-fry the meatballs until they are golden brown.
- Make the soffritto in a pan (a mixture of finely chopped onions, celery, and carrot sauteed in olive oil).
- When the soffrito is well melted, add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook slightly until you have a tasty and silky tomato sauce.
- Put the meatball in the sauce and cook everything together for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn off the fire and eat (tastier if you eat them directly from the pan dipping a good piece of bread in the sauce).