With a little inspiration for #sundaysupper and In the kitchen, I decided to give a twist on a popular recipe. I love green chilli cheeseburgers, so this cheeseburger pie was a no brainer and looked terrific. I made it to the firehouse, and it was an instant hit.
We usually have leftovers well, this was the case, but it was almost wholly consumed and devoured. So rarely can I say the dinner table is quiet; its usual ballbusting and jokes and stories, and that’s a true tale sign that something is good!
It was extremely easy, flavorful, smelled great and was surprisingly quick and easy; I had thought It was ruined as we caught a run 10 minutes before it was to come out of the oven; I turned off the oven and left it in there, it was a little dark, but it gave it a fantastic crust and an extra layer of flavour.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 large onions, diced
- ½ cup of mozzarella
- ½ cup of sharp cheddar
- 4 green chiles, seeded and chopped or 3 cans of diced green chile
- 1 cup of Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Albukurky Green Chile Rub
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I used a lasagna pan and sprayed it with Pam.
- I used my Rachael Ray Orange 5-quart Oval Saute Pan and sautéed the onion first, drained the grease, added the pork and sirloin, fried until brown, and I drained the oil.
- Add the green chillies sn green chile rub.
- Mix the meat mixture.
- Pour into the lasagna pan.
- Add the cheese and mix.
- Mix the milk, eggs, and Bisquick® and pour over the meat and cheese mixture.
- Top with more chillies on top.
- Cook in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.