I liked to have quick and easy meals at my fingertips. One of my favorite dishes was the impossible pie I made using Bisquick. There were many variations, but the impossible Cheeseburger Pie was one my family requested often. When I started eating gluten-free dishes, I dropped that recipe from my repertoire. Today, I decided to try and create a gluten-free version. Here’s a bit of comfort food that’s back on the menu!
Perfect Cheeseburger Pie
I liked to have quick and easy meals at my fingertips. So, here's my Perfect Cheeseburger Pie recipe, a gluten-free version.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - you can also use lamb, veal, bison, chicken, or turkey
- 1 cup white onion - diced
- 1 clove garlic - minced and crushed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 3 teaspoons Herbes de Provence (usually Marjoram, thyme, rosemary, oregano and sometimes lavender)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup gluten-free biscuit mix ⃰ (ingredients below):
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a frying pan, sauté the ground meat, onion, garlic and 2 teaspoons of the Herb de Provence until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk gluten-free biscuit mix, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Herb de Provence. Blend on high for 15 seconds or whisk by hand for a minute.
- Grease a large, deep pie plate. Place the cooked ground meat on the bottom and spread it around to form an even layer. Top this mixture with the grated cheese. Pour the egg and milk mixture on top. Use a fork to push down into the pie in numerous locations, to allow the milk and egg to penetrate the meat and cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400°F, for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow the pie to rest on a rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pie into 8 slices and serve hot with a salad or cooked vegetables. Use chilli sauce or ketchup as a condiment.
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 19gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 715mgPotassium: 310mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 322IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 209mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.