My husband was craving for a spicy mini burger. However, because of the recent fast-food chain scandals, I decided to use the stuff in my fridge and just make my burger patties instead of buying them. While others like their patties to be plain beef, I like mine to have more veggies.
Easy Homemade Spicy Mini Burger
- 300 grams ground beef (minced beef) - premium
- 100 grams tofu
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium green chilis (green chilli in British English) - chopped
- 1 medium paprika - chopped
- ¼ cup carrots - crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, then mix thoroughly.
- To make perfectly-formed hamburger patties, get a jar lid the same or a little bigger than the size of your burger bun. Cover the lid with plastic wrap. This will make it faster to remove the patty after each use. Firmly press the meat down into the lid until it flattens.
- Put a sheet of cooking paper or plastic wrap on the patty, then flip the lid over.
- Heat the pan with oil over medium-high, place the patty and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve in lightly toasted hamburger buns with a slice of tomato, cheddar cheese, pickles and tomato or mustard sauce. You can also add a fried egg, lettuce and onion rings if you like.