This Ground Beef Pasty Recipe isn’t very well-known, but I’m advocating that we make it a regular on our menus, sharing it with friends and family until it becomes a household name. So give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Ground Beef Pasty RecipePrint Recipe
- Filling Ingredients
- ½ pound of ground beef
- ½ medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup of rutabaga, chopped
- ¼ cup of onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Crust Ingredients
- 1½ cup of finely ground almond flour
- ¾ cup of arrowroot flour
- 1½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a crockpot, combine all of the filling ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours. Once done cooking, remove the top of the pot and let cool while making the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, arrowroot flour and salt. In a bowl, whisk eggs, then add in the flour. Add olive oil to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Make a ball from the dough, place it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut it into 4 equal pieces. While keeping the piece of plastic on the counter, spread out the dough into a large circle, ¼-inch thick.
- Lay the filling inside the dough and, using your hands outside the plastic wrap, bring the sides of the dough together and seal (this keeps it from cracking too much).
- Once sealed, carefully move each pasty to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.