I know it’s not technically “recipe day”, but I couldn’t help but share this extra lean beef spinach skillet with you today because it was seriously so good.
Feel free to change up the serving sizes and veggies for any of them. Below is just what I’ve used.
Extra Lean Beef Spinach Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - extra lean
- 1 package baby spinach
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- Cook beef in a large skillet over med-high heat until browned. Remove from skillet and drain fat/grease. Set beef aside.
- Lightly wipe the skillet with a paper towel to remove excess grease and return to the stove over medium heat.
- Lightly coat the pan with non-stick spray. Then, add spinach leaves to the skillet and sprinkle garlic salt or powder lightly over spinach to taste. Add any additional veggies you want here.
- Cook to desired tenderness for about 4to 5 minutes), tossing occasionally.
- Add beef back to the skillet and stir in your salsa.
- Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.