This Crispy Egg Rolls Recipe is a simple recipe you can make when you got several guests over for a party. They are pretty easy to do yet taste very delicious. Check out the recipe here.
- Egg Roll Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of umami seasoning
- 1 pinch of yellow food color
- Filling Ingredients
- 1/8 kilogram of beef mince
- 4 cups of finely cut cabbage
- 2 grated carrots
- ½ teaspoon of chopped ginger and garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper or to taste
Egg Roll Instructions
- Mix the ingredients (all except filling ingredients).
- Fry like pancakes. (Pour batter into the 6 to 8 diameter frying pan with the help of a ladle or scoop. Rotate the pan with the handle so that the batter spreads evenly on the surface of the pan.)
- Grease the pan. Fry all pancakes one by one on both sides. Turn sides carefully.
- Prepare the filling by cooking the mince with ginger, garlic, and 1 cup of water.
- When the water is dry, add ground black pepper and soya sauce.
- Turn off the flame and add chopped cabbage and carrots. Do not cover.
- Place one pancake on the board and put a tablespoon of filling on 1 edge.
- Turn the side edges towards the filling and hold.
- Turn the filling side upwards until it reaches the last edge.
- Close the roll with a paste prepared with flour and water.
- The edges should be close, or the oil will get inside.
- Deep fry on medium heat and remove from the wok when golden on all sides.
- Serve hot with tomato or chili sauce.