Last weekend I was sitting at the computer, thinking, “I want to eat Indian food like curry, but I really don’t feel like leaving the house.” So, I decided to recreate my Sweet Potato And Ground Beef Curry. So, here we go. This is my curry recipe.
Crazy Satisfying Sweet Potato And Ground Beef Curry
- 3 medium Japanese sweet potatoes - diced
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 cans tomato - diced (depending on how wet you want it)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped fine
- 1 small ginger - grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a non-stick pot and add the sweet potatoes. Cook until almost done and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pot and add the onions. Stir for about 2–3 minutes, and add the garlic and ginger. Enjoy the delicious aromas that fill the kitchen. After 3 minutes, add the diced tomatoes.
- Add the spices and stir well. Once everything has been mixed well, add the ground beef.
- Cook the beef until it is almost browned. Add the salt and water, stir everything, cover with a lid and let the flavors sink into the sweet potatoes and ground beef. Leave it covered for 10–15 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Add the chopped coriander and serve.