I adore courgettes; they are by far my favourite vegetable. My Mum told me that I was given plates of courgettes to eat when I was little as I was a fussy eater, but I would always eat courgettes. That love continues today, so I was very excited about the courgetti trend. Using the spiralizer was fun and a great success, so I thought I would share the recipe for my courgetti bake with you. This recipe can serve three to four people, depending on whether you are also feeding a rugby player like I was!
Wavelines Courgetti BakePrint Recipe
- 500 grams of beef mince
- 3 courgettes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 300-gram cartons of chopped tomato
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- Tomato puree
- Dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Your choice of cheese for the topping
- Fry off the beef mince in a bit of oil until brown, and then crumble over the 2 oxo cubes coating all of the mince.
- Add the peppers, onion and chilli and fry off for a couple of minutes until starting to soften.
- Pop in the cherry tomatoes and cartons of chopped tomatoes, add a splodge of tomato puree, sprinkle of dried mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Make the courgette and add to the beef mixture cooking for a further 2 minutes so the vegetable cooks but still has its crunch, which adds a perfect texture to the dish.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle your chosen cheese on top. Put under the grill until it’s bubbling and golden, which is your cue to get the plates out and tuck in.