If you enjoy meat, zucchini, and cheese, this is the recipe for you! Stop what you’re doing, go to the store, get the ingredients listed below, and prepare your own Chilli-Cheese Zucchini Boats. You can thank me once you’ve finished licking your fingers in delight.
You can see the cheese running down the side of the plate. Yes, I was drooling as well. Let’s get this started, shall we?
Try serving with the Chicken Quesadillas with Fresh Pico de Gallo. Have a good time eating!
Chilli-Cheese Zucchini Boat
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 2 pieces zucchini
- ½ onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- ½ cup corn
- ¼ cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup cheese
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté ground beef, onions, peppers, jalapeños, and mushrooms until the beef is cooked through.
- Drain beef and mix in corn, ketchup, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Dig out your “boat” (aka slice each zucchini in half, cut off the two end, and scoop out the centre guts with a small spoon). Ensure to keep the hull of your boat. About a 1/3 inch!
- Load up that boat! Don’t be worried about the boat’s capacity. I had some boats filled to the brim with meat.
- Top each boat with a delicious layer of cheese (the more cheese, the better, in my opinion) and bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.