Pumpkin is a member of the squash family and is loaded with nutrients, especially Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium. It is naturally low in fat and sugar as well! Spices, including curry, have vitamins and other nutrients, and I love when I can add lots of spice to a meal, such as the Indian Chicken Kofta Curry. This Curried Pumpkin Chicken Chili sounds great, don’t they? I loved this recipe, and I hope you do too!
Heartwarming Curried Pumpkin Chicken Chili
This Curried Pumpkin Chicken Chili sounds great, don’t they? I loved this recipe, and I hope you do too!
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken (minced chicken) - organic chicken minced once cooked
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium apple - granny smith
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - organic free-range
- 1 can white beans - in BPA-free can be drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- Line the cookie sheet with foil and lightly spread olive oil or use olive oil spray on the foil.
- Place the chicken on the foil and season the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, and curry powder.
- Broil chicken in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is boiling, chop the onion and carrots.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot and heat to medium-high.
- Add onion and carrots to the pot and let soften.
- Chop apple and tomato.
- When the onion is softened, add chicken broth, pumpkin, chopped apple, and chopped tomato to the pot.
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 23gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 459mgPotassium: 1047mgFiber: 6gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 11364IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.