Check out my healthy chicken recipe creation. It’s a Peruvian Chicken Wrap Recipe. Make it gluten-free just by eliminating the wheat wrap or substitute with a gluten-free wrap. This wrap is full of healthy carbs, fat and protein! Everything you need is all wrapped up in one convenient meal. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Wrap Recipe
FOR THE CHICKEN WRAP:
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 large sweet potatoes - steamed or baked and cut into pieces
- 1 large corn - roasted
- 1 can black beans - cooked
- 2 cups quinoa - cooked
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
- 4 pieces flour tortillas - 4-inch
FOR THE MINT AND CILANTRO DRESSING:
- 1 cup mint - fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro (coriander) - fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook chicken, or you can use rotisserie chicken if you need a quick meal.
- Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave or oven, cut into 1-inch cubes or smaller.
- Cook corn and black beans, and red quinoa according to directions. You can use any type of quinoa, but I prefer the red with this for flavor combination purposes.
- While all the food is cooking, prepare the mint and cilantro dressing. Take the mint, cilantro leaves, and chili pepper and blend in the food processor. Add water a little at a time until the mixture is smooth. I used over ⅓ cup water and used the smoothie setting on my blender. Once finished, pour dressing into a bowl and add the ginger and cumin powder.
- Assemble your wrap by taking all the ingredients and place atop the whole wheat tortilla. For a gluten-free version, skip the whole wheat wrap.
- Want to add mayo? Just mix together your choice of mayo and the mint/cilantro sauce!