Today, I’m sharing my very own gluten-free turkey burger recipe. You know that I love hamburgers and french fries so much that there was a time in my life that I used to eat them from fast food restaurants every week. Yep, I wasn’t the smartest one in college when it came to what I ate. Needless to say, going gluten-free hindered my hamburger and french fry consumption for a few reasons.
I started making my own burgers and fries at home to satisfy my hamburger fix in a healthy, cost-effective, and gluten-free way.
I use ground turkey for the burger base as a healthier option, but ground beef can also be used. I mix the burger meat with all the chopped ingredients, spices, and eggs with my hands. Yes, it’s a bit cold, and yes, it’s a bit messy, but it works well in making this gluten-free turkey burger recipe.
Gluten-Free Turkey Burger RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 4 green onion sprigs
- Handful of cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Gluten-free hamburger buns
- Add the ground turkey into a large bowl.
- Chop green onion into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch sections and coarsely chop cilantro. Put the green onion and cilantro on top of the turkey.
- In a separate bowl, combine spices, soy sauce, and eggs. Mix egg mixture with turkey until thoroughly mixed.
- Create 8-10 4-inch diameter and 1/2-inch thick burgers.
- Cook burgers, flipping every 5 minutes.
- Serve on gluten-free hamburger buns with desired condiments.