This spaghetti recipe with ground turkey is one of a handful of dinners that everyone in my house enjoys, especially my 2-year-old daughter. She wants this spaghetti recipe so much that before she finishes swallowing what she has in her mouth, she points to the plate and says, “more mama!”
I like how the sauce is so creamy and tasty. This recipe is great, and it tastes delicious. This spaghetti dish is very quick and easy to make.
You can enjoy this meal for lunch or dinner with a side of sweet or green plantains (tostones), garlic bread. In the Dominican Republic, they serve this dish with a side of white rice. This is the way my mom likes to serve it. We even take this dish to the beach to enjoy. My family and I love this delicious spaghetti recipe with ground turkey, which is why I want to make it all the time!
Dominican Spaghetti Recipe With Ground TurkeyPrint Recipe
- ½ pound of thin spaghetti
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 large ripe tomato
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of seasoning
- ½ cup of evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of white onion
- ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese and salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, frequently stirring, until fragrant, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the onions, red pepper, tomatoes, vinegar and tomato paste.
- Allow cooking for another minute and season with basil, seasoning. Add salt, pepper butter evaporated milk and the pasta.
- Let it boil, then reduce heat and simmer, occasionally stirring, until pasta is cooked through, for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar and parmesan cheese. If your sauce becomes too thick, add more milk or water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, and top with parmesan cheese.