I recently shared a recipe for dan dan noodles, and I bet you want a hot and spicy version, so here it is! This Spicy Dan Dan Noodles recipe takes the Asian dish to another level with its spiciness that you can modify according to your preference.
Spicy Dan Dan Noodles
This recipe for dan dan noodles is my comfort food. I love making this during the cold days.
- 150 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce - light
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped fine and crushed
- 1 centimetre ginger - pounded or grated
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - best unsalted
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 dashes white pepper
- 2 sprigs spring onions - chopped
- Mix the mince with the sesame oil, soy sauce, and crushed garlic. Get a small saucepan, put it on medium heat with a teaspoon of oil. After about 5 minutes, add the minced meat, the preserved vegetable, and chilli. Let fry, stirring occasionally. You want some crispness to the meat for added flavour for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Get the stock to a simmer while the meat is browning. Keep it on low heat, so it’s ready. Simultaneously, in another medium pot, boil some water to ready yourself for noodle blanching. While waiting for all the boiling and simmering to happen, combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, except the garnish, and then divide it between the bowls you plan to eat out of. Make sure your table is set, and hungry people are sitting there waiting. Get ready to assemble your dish!
- Gently separate fresh noodles before gently sliding them into the hot water. If using dried noodles, don’t separate them. They will snap; just plop it in whole. Use a chopstick to agitate the noodles, so they stay separate while blanching gently. Follow packet instructions. And yes, be gentle.
- While noodles are blanching, divide the hot stock between the bowls and combine. Your noodles are probably done now; drain and divide between bowls. Spoon minced meat over the noodles. Sprinkle your chosen garnish. Add more chilli oil if you like. Serve hot.
Calories: 373kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 16gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 869mgPotassium: 362mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 269IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.