Sometimes I get bored by the same pork recipes and want to try out more flavourful options. Last week my neighbours invited me for a super tasty dinner: pork mince with eggplant accompanied by rice noodles. I can’t wait to cook it myself! I might add some more spices, though.
Delicious Pork Mince With Eggplant And Rice Noodles
- 1 eggplant (brinjal, aubergine, or guinea squash) - cut into cubes
- 160 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 2 clove garlic - crushed
- ½ tsp ginger - peeled and diced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper (red capsicum) - chopped
- 1 green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 250 grams vermicelli rice noodles
- Cut the eggplant into cubes.
- Fry the eggplant cubes in a heated pan with oil until they become soft.
- Then, tap them with some paper to get rid of the extra oil.
- In a pot, heat oil and cook the minced pork until it changes colour.
- Add the soy sauce, sliced onion, crushed garlic and ginger; Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour wine, stir and let it boil until the alcohol evaporates (2-3 minutes).
- Add the fried eggplant, salt, pepper and stir. Add some water if there isn't much luquid in the pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then add chopped peppers and stir. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set it aside.
- Cook some rice or noodles and serve.