I came up with this Light and Flaky Filo Mince Pie Parcels recipe because I had leftover filo pastry and was in a mince pie mood. The result is adorable little festive parcels that are fun, quick and easy to make. They don’t need to replace the authentic classic mince pies, but they help provide a lighter alternative for when things get a big heavy, but you don’t want to say no!
Light and Flaky Filo Mince Pie ParcelsPrint Recipe
- 1 package of filo pastry
- 1 pound of pork mince
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- Powdered sugar
- Take each pastry sheet and cut it into equal size squares.
- Paint one square with rapeseed oil with a pastry brush and then lay a matching square directly on top.
- Paint the new top square with rapeseed oil and repeat, so there are 3 layers of filo; the top one does not need to be painted with the oil.
- Add salt and pepper to the mince.
- Take roughly 2 teaspoons of mincemeat and add to the middle of the square with a spoon.
- Fold the filo around the mincemeat into a neat parcel.
- Add parcels to a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for roughly 15 minutes until they are golden brown
- Remove and sprinkle with powdered sugar.