Yes, I’m bragging a little, but I received the greatest compliment from my 6-year-old this evening. She said, “mom! I ate all three of my lamb chops and want more tomorrow. I promise I won’t eat anything else!!!”
You’d think a lot of effort went into this masterpiece… Sorry, I’m bragging again. I just really feel blessed to have shared a great meal with my family!
The chops were beautiful to look at and so tender and delicious. And the best part is that it took minimal effort at all. I swear. All I did was marinate the lamb chops with some spices and stored them in the refrigerator for 4 hours before cooking. I love marinating my food. Easy, peasy and oddly therapeutic!
And did I mention that you can eat two of these lamp chops and still stick to your diet? Yes! This doesn’t look like diet food, but I promise you it will not derail your diet. So chomp away guilt-free. Chomp away!
Here’s the recipe…
Full-Flavoured, Sizzling Lamb Chops!
- 1 pound lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt - plain, nonfat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - fresh
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds - toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar (white sugar)
- Mix everything except oil, and marinate lamb chops. Keep for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Fry oil and sauté the lamb chops on medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side.
- Cover and cook the chops for 25-30 minutes until done.