You might have tried cheese and minced meat with spaghetti. You might have tried nuts with minced beef. But have you ever combined all these into minced meat lasagna with almonds and cheese?
Lasagna is popular all over the world. It is mostly made with tomato sauce but I make it with white sauce. The white sauce gives it a unique cheesy flavour which is quite different from tomato sauce.
Cheesy and Nutty Minced Meat Lasagna with White Sauce
- baking tray
- lasagna sheets - 8-9 noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter - Clarified
- 1 yellow onion - medium-sized, finely chopped
- 500 gram ground beef (minced beef)
- 1½ tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese - grated
- 2 tbsp parsley - fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK) - All-purpose
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- Grease a baking tray, place the almonds in it and bake for five minutes. The oven temperature should be 170 degrees Celsius.
- Let the almonds cool down and then crush them. Don’t make them very small.
- Boil water in a skillet with 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt. Put in the lasagna and boil for 90 seconds. Take them out of water and spread in a dish. Grease them with a little oil if you feel like they will stick with the tray.
- I am using ground beef for my dish. You can use whatever you like (mutton, lamb meat or pork).
- Heat a pan, melt the butter and fry the chopped onion until golden brown.
- Next, add the ground meat and add salt, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cook until the meat is beige-brown and the water in it has dried out.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a large saucepan. Add flour, salt and pepper, blend and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly and bring to boil. Cook for a minute more and let it become thick.
- Remove from flame and add 1/3 cup of cheese in it. Mix well.
- Remove cooked mince meat from heat and dish out.
- Add roasted and crushed almonds and fresh parsley and mix.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven.
- Place four lasagna noodles in a baking tray. Spread cooked minced meat over it and then spread 1/3 cup of cheese over it.
- Place another layer of four lasagna noodles above it. Again, spread minced meat over it.
- Pour white sauce on top and spread the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with your favourite drink.