Here again, is a chicken dish that I stew and throw the sauce over pasta. This Tarragon Chicken and Pasta is my most recent favourite pasta dish. It’s so hearty and filling; I love it as a quick meal to satisfy my craving for some carbs.
Tarragon Chicken and PastaPrint Recipe
- 3 large boneless chicken quarters, minced
- 2 large purple onions, cut in thin half circles
- 4 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Flour to dredge the chicken in
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of dried tarragon
- 4 ounces of fresh goat cheese
- Generous amounts of fresh ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in butter to caramelize.
- Brown the chicken in a separate pan in butter which I had first dredged in flour.
- Once the chicken has browned, dump the onion on top of it, put in the wine, lemon, tarragon, salt and pepper while it was on a high flame.
- Lower the flame to relatively low, cover it and let it cook for about 35 minutes until the meat was tender and falling away from the drumsticks.
- At this point, add the goat cheese with the flame off. Cook 8 ounces of brown rice pasta and toss it in.