This spaghetti with chicken meatballs is made with spaghetti squash. If you have not made spaghetti squash before, do not get scared off! They are super easy to prepare.
I know you are going to ask, and the answer is no. No, at this point, I can not get my kids to eat the spaghetti squash. Not yet. I’m still working on them. However, they do like the chicken meatballs. So with this meal, I usually give them a fruit side and carrot sticks to make up for the squash. So, try this scrumptious spaghetti with chicken meatballs now.
Scrumptious Spaghetti With Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 14 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes - diced
- 8 ounces ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - no salt added
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ¼ cup parsley - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- 2 tablespoons garlic - chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook squash according to instructions.
- In very little olive oil (1/4 teaspoon or less), saute garlic and onion until a bit transparent.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, yellow mustard, salt and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Combine well, then add in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Let simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pound of ground chicken in 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Combine well, then shape into small round meatball shapes. You should end up with 20 to 23 meatballs.
- Put meatballs into a hot pan lightly sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Brown thoroughly on both sides and make sure they are cooked through. Place squash on plates. Top squash with sauce, then meatballs and serve hot.