And all of a sudden, it’s raining again, and pasta soup is the perfect thing to eat. When the temperature drops 10 degrees lower, it chills me to the bone. Oh well, what else can I do but to get on with it? And what better way to do it than with a nice bowl of warm pasta or noodle soup with minced meat.
Creamy Pasta Soup
This creamy pasta soup is a perfect meal to cook during cold days. It's so filling and hearty, you'll love every spoon you take.
- ¼ pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 medium carrot - cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring 1 litre of water with 1 teaspoon of salt to boil.
- In another pot, melt the butter and saute garlic and onion for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the carrot and the celery stalk or the string beans. Stir fry for about a minute or less.
- Add the boiling water.
- Add the pasta and bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until the pasta is almost cooked.
- Add the soya milk, and when it gets back to boil, then add the celery leaves or spring onions.
- Turn the heat off, so the leaves don’t get overcooked.
Calories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 10gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 974mgPotassium: 603mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3169IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.