Last weekend, the weather had turned cold rather abruptly when I was deciding what to make; however, it had turned into a hot and humid long weekend by the time cooking day came. So I said screw it, turned the air conditioner up high and pulled out my pot to make this amazing meatball and spinach pasta soup.
Meatball and Spinach Pasta SoupPrint Recipe
- Meatball Ingredients
- ½ pound of ground beef
- ½ pound of cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Soup Ingredients
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken broth plus 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of baby spinach
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
- In a food processor, chop the onion, mushrooms and garlic fine.
- Using your hands, blend together the beef, mushrooms mix and egg until blended.
- Roll the meat into 1-inch sized meatballs.
- Heat tablespoonfuls of oil in a large skillet. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool.
- In a large stockpot, add the oil.
- Saute the onion until just translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, meatballs and spinach.
- Add the broth and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook until they puff and float to the top.