Last weekend, the weather had turned cold rather abruptly when I was deciding what to make; however, it had turned into a hot and humid long weekend by the time cooking day came. So I said screw it, turned the air conditioner up high and pulled out my pot to make this amazing meatball and spinach pasta soup.
The original recipe used sausage, but I switched it up and turned it into a wedding soup variation using these beef and mushroom meatballs. I added fresh spinach, and everything turned out perfectly!
Yummy Meatball and Spinach Pasta Soup
Give this meatball and spinach pasta soup a try and I know your life will change. It is that good and you can easily perfect it at the first attempt.
- ½ pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- ½ large yellow onion - diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
- In a food processor, chop the onion, mushrooms and garlic fine.
- Using your hands, blend together the beef, mushrooms mix and egg until blended.
- Roll the meat into 1-inch sized meatballs.
- Heat tablespoonfuls of oil in a large skillet. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool.
- In a large stockpot, add the oil.
- Saute the onion until just translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, meatballs and spinach.
- Add the broth and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook until they puff and float to the top.
Calories: 623kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 31gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 957mgPotassium: 866mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 426IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.