This winter-warming meatloaf is perfect on cold days. It’s not a usual choice of dish for those cool nights, but I guarantee that you’ll love this very easy dish. Give it a try and see for yourself.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of quick oatmeal
- 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 pounds of lean ground beef
- Dash of Tabasco (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion until cooked.
- Place the sauted onion into a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes. Put oats, spices, Tabasco, tomato sauce and eggs and mix thoroughly. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lean ground beef and blend thoroughly. Shape the meat micture into two loaves and place on a boiler rack with slits and a bottom section to catch drippings. Bake the meatloaf for between 65 to 75 minutes. Use a thermometer to check internal temperature is no less than 160 degrees. Remove the loaves from the oven and set them aside for 10 minutes, then slice.
- The two loaves serve about 10. Enjoy them with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts.